LEGO announced the Ultron Edition Hulkbuster recently, and though it is a few steps above the standard version they are releasing to coincide with the film (Avengers: Infinity War) – I have to say, I am a little underwhelmed.
This is an Ultimate Edition LEGO kit, but with the play on words using Ultron instead of Ultimate. When I first saw it, I wasn’t even sure if it was a UCS edition, but the classic black and white printed specs imply that it is.
Not to worry though, because if you have some extra time a few spare bricks lying around, we have found a tutorial to bulk it up nicely: LEGO Hulkbuster Ultron Edition – Mod.
Back to the standard version, and there are a few things that I think they could have added, especially aiming for a relatively high price tag. I think they could have just splashed a few extra coins on getting it to the level that many of us have been wanting. Even if they scaled back the detail of the display stand so that they could get the suit really looking the hefty part.
Official LEGO Hulkbuster Ultron Edition Specs
- Item 76105
- VIP Points 239
- Ages 14+
- Pieces 1363
Build and display this superhero toy—a highly detailed LEGO® brick version of the Hulkbuster mech, featuring a rotating torso, poseable fingers, arms, legs and feet, and glow-in-the-dark elements. Choose from 2 interchangeable left arms, including a jackhammer arm with punching function, and activate the LEGO light brick in the chest. This LEGO Marvel Super Heroes The Hulkbuster: Ultron Edition set also includes a display platform with alternate attachment points for posable robotic construction arms and a desk, plus a new-for-March-2018 Iron Man Mark 43 minifigure.
- Includes a new-for-March-2018 Iron Man Mark 43 minifigure.
- Hulkbuster features a flip-up head, rotating torso, poseable fingers, arms, legs and feet, LEGO® light brick in the chest, 2 interchangeable left arms—a standard armour jackhammer arm with punching function and 12 glow-in-the-dark elements.
- Activate the chest light by pressing the button on the Hulkbuster’s back.
- The platform features a flip-up Hulkbuster information plate, plus 8 alternative attachment points for 2 posable robotic construction arms and a desk with 2 attached computer screen elements and space for the buildable hotrod car and buildable Veronica satellite.
- Clip the spare Hulkbuster arm to either of the robotic construction arms for a neat display.
- Also includes a fire extinguisher element.
- This superhero toy is suitable for ages 14+.
- Hulkbuster measures over 9” (25cm) high, 3” (10cm) long and 8” (22cm) wide.
- Platform (without attachable arms/desk) measures over 7” (19cm) wide, 8” (21cm) deep and under 1” (2cm) high.
While this set can be modded to look closer to the Hulkbuster suit from Infinity Wars when you are spending £119.99 do you really want to be spending more on extra pieces to get the set we actually want? So while there is a promising upgrade path, I feel it’s a bit of a letdown that I am already thinking about changing the set.
The Hulkbuster should be a goliath, Its shoulders are supper-wide and bulky, and this set just doesn’t have the heft that I personally feel it should. I have included a shot of the film incarnations of the Hulkbuster suit for you to make your own opinion.
Anyway, have a great day, and let me know what you think of the Hulkbuster suit below 🙂