LEGO has announced and revealed their new Creator Expert Modular building, and it is a beautiful bookshop and townhouse combo.
If you are book-lover and a LEGO lover, then this may well be the set for you!
LEGO Bookshop 10270 Overview
So, what’s the breakdown? Well, the new LEGO bookshop modular will contain 2504 pieces, is rated 16+ and measures over 11” (29cm) high, 9” (25cm) wide and 9” (25cm) deep.
This would be a great standalone piece, for book-lovers, and bookshop-owners (or wannabe owners) alike. In
I think it would be an ideal, and rather cute, book-end. Don’t you? I already used my Detective’s office as a kind of bookend at one point.
What makes this set interesting compared to other modular buildings from LEGO, is the fact that both of the smaller buildings, the bookshop and the townhouse are independently modular.
Both being modular means you can have either the bookshop or the townhouse on the left or right, and I don’t see any reason they can’t be separated entirely. So you could therefore have one on each side of an existing modular building. Or on at each end of the street if you are lucky enough to have a street of modular LEGO buildings 😉
Basically, what I’m saying is, you are actually getting two smaller modular buildings for the price of one. And especially for Book-lovers, the bookshop is a nice addition to the modular buildings that LEGO offer.
The fact you can include them in any way you like, means it should be pretty easy to fit them into your current modular layout.
And on that note, I think my wallet left, and is shopping at The LEGO store 😉
Lego list a few stand-out features, such as:
Like the best books, this set has unexpected details, from a colorful pet chameleon to a birch tree with a toy plane stuck in its branches. Created with a modular design that lets you build, unbuild and reconfigure the two buildings in any number of ways, this collectible all-new Bookshop and townhouse join a neighborhood of highly-detailed LEGO Creator Expert sets you can mix, match and make your own.https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/bookshop-10270
The specification according to LEGO are below:
Recreate the charm of a backstreet bookshop that you might discover in any quaint village or town with this LEGO® Creator Expert collectors’ toy. The 3-storey bookshop and adjoining modular town house building is filled with fun building techniques and surprising details, including a display window, reading nook and an open-out design. Collectors will love to display this big 2,504-piece LEGO set proudly alongside their other modular buildings. An ever-growing modular house collection The LEGO Creator Expert Modular Buildings series is a premium collection of advanced, interconnecting buildings featuring authentic designs from around the world. LEGO sets that bring passion to life LEGO Creator Expert building sets are for adults and teenagers with a passion. From authentic buildings and classic cars to other objects of desire, Creator Expert advanced LEGO sets offer a world of nostalgia, escapism, self-expression, pure enjoyment and surprise.https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/bookshop-10270
- An advanced LEGO® Creator Expert Modular Buildings set bookshop with adjoining town house packed with surprising details and unexpected features that teenagers and adults will enjoy building and displaying with pride.
- This big 3-story LEGO® set features so many details, including a display window, bookshelves, reading nook and living spaces in the town house. 5 minifigures also help to really bring this collectors’ toy to life.
- This set is part of the Modular Buildings series – an ever-growing collection of interconnecting model toy buildings that combine to create amazing street scenes that builders and collectors love to own and display.
- With 2,504 pieces, this LEGO® building set for adults and teenagers makes an inspirational birthday, Christmas or special-occasion gift.
- Measuring over 11” (29cm) high, 9” (25cm) wide and 9” (25cm) deep, this buildable model makes for an impressive display piece on its own or as part of a larger Modular Buildings series street scene.
- No batteries required… this advanced building set runs on the pure power of imagination and creativity.
- With colorful, step-by-step building instructions, this advanced set offers a rewarding building experience, whether you’re building alone or sharing the experience with a loved one.
- LEGO® Creator Expert modular house toys immerse teenagers and adults in challenging builds based on things they’re passionate about, including classic cars, authentic buildings, fairground rides and much more.
- Since 1958, LEGO® bricks have been tested to the highest industry standards to ensure consistency and compatibility, and that they connect and pull apart easily every time.
- At the LEGO Group, we drop, heat, crush, twist and analyze LEGO® pieces to make sure every building set meets the highest global safety and quality standards.